>What is 14K gold-filled?
- Gold-filled is a USA industry standard that legally requires 1/20th, or 5%, of the metal to be pure gold by weight. The regulated process involves pressure bonding multiple layers of solid 14K gold with extreme heat over a core of high-quality jeweller’s brass, resulting in a durable, quality real gold product. It is an incredibly durable alternative to gold plated jewellery.
>What is Sterlium Plus?
- Sterlium Plus is a germanium-based sterling silver alloy that is tarnish resistant and maintains a bright white colour.
- European-friendly (contains no nickel)
- Grade 1 bright white metal (No rhodium plating required)
- Tarnish resistant (two-year shelf life)
- Scratch resistant
- All of the jewellery I make in my studio is handmade with 100% recycled metals, with the exception of the delicate chains, ear wires and gold-filled sheet that I purchase from trusted sources. I primarily source my metals from Stuller, a US based SCS certified green refinery. The gemstones and diamonds are ethically sourced and often lab-grown and earth mined diamonds are conflict-free.
> What is moissanite?
- This ethical lab grown gem is a great choice for sparkle! A durable beauty, moissanite makes a brilliant alternative for engagement rings. A less costly substitute for diamonds, moissanite was originally found in a meteorite crater and has since landed in hearts everywhere.
Here are 4 facts you might not know about the amazing diamond alternative I love called moissanite!
💎 It is durable enough to last a lifetime. Moissanite ranks highly on the Mohs scale of hardness (9.25) and easily stands up to everyday wear.
💎 You can get a bigger stone for less money. Per carat, you can find a larger Moissanite at a lower price than diamonds of the same size.
💎 They have exceptional sparkle. Moissanite is doubly refractive, so it reflects more light and bends it into mesmerizing flashes of radiant, rainbow fire.
💎Moissanite is available in an amazing variety of sizes, shapes and cuts! Emerald cut? Yes! Pear Rose Cut? Yes! Antique Cushion? Oh yeah! The list goes on…
*Have more questions? Check out the full FAQ right here.